03 Dec Holiday Decor in Your Garden
You can use your garden in your holiday décor! Indeed, many people use their trees, fences and other structures all the time to string lights and holiday decorations. I have seen:
- Garden walkways lined with small lights.
- Garden benches lined with lights (just don’t allow sitting)
- White lights on fountains or water features switched to colored bulbs (oo-la-la!)
- Trees outfitted with lights.
- Poles made into candy canes with red and white lights.
- Shrubs decorated with lights.
- Cut-Outs and Plastic Characters placed among plants to make a scene or picture.
- Holiday decorations such as stars and bulbs added (outdoor friendly ones, of course)
- Music added within the garden for people to enjoy.
- Symbols such as nativity scenes and crosses added to garden scenes.
- Big gift bows added to garden gates. A fun “welcome”.
- White pebbles in areas of your garden used as a canvas is a reminder of snow and will also reflect lights.
So maybe you can’t plant so much right now. But I hope you take the opportunity to still enjoy (and let other people enjoy) your garden via the holiday potential that it holds. If you do, please share what worked for you in the comment section.