22 Oct Five Ways to Decorate Your Pumpkin
Of course, there are a variety of ways once you pick those pumpkins to spruce them up for Halloween. Although it seems like there are new ways every year, below are a few of my favorite ones:
- The October issue of Family Circle Magazine offers details on a very cool décor idea which includes painting the pumpkins with white and black acrylic paint. The best part is that you don’t have to be an artist! Paint pumpkin all over with one of the paints and stencil a few Halloween shapes with the other paint. Very cool looking.
- Here’s another cool idea from Family Circle and one I always wondered how to do. You can use non-carved pumpkins in your décor that look untouched and still make use of the seeds and inner goodies. Carve a small hole in the bottom of the pumpkin and take from that end instead of the top.
- You can always carve them of course, for a traditional look. But it is fun to make them silly looking instead of scary.
- Evette Rios from Better TV had some good ideas too. Paint it black first, make a design with chalk and use a power drill with a small bit to carve out. Make dots! Sounds easier than what I do with a knife!
- She also recommends using color-coded labels (round) from your local office store to make a pattern and then remove stickers one at time as you drill each hole. With various drill bits, the holes can be any size you choose.
What ideas do you have for pumpkin decorating? Please comment!