18 Feb Display Garden Awards of the 2015 Northwest Flower & Garden Show
It was a beautiful year at the 2015 Northwest Flower & Garden Show. For some, it was even award-winning beautiful. On top of the standard gold, silver, and bronze medals given to the Display Gardens, there are 12 additional awards each with their own set of judges. Here are the awards for the 2015 Display Gardens.
“Over the Moon” by the Association of Professional Landscape Designers.
Winners of: gold medal and the Founder’s Cup – best in show.
“Pining Over Yew—A Love for Every Season” by Oliana Gardening.
Winners of: gold medal and the American Horticultural Society Environmental Award – for skillful design and incorporating environmental stewardship.
“Birds Do It…Bees Do It…” by West Seattle Nursery.
Winners of: gold medal, Pacific Horticulture Magazine Award, South Sound Magazine Award – most eye-catching, breathtaking and interesting, and the Fred Palmer Exhibitor Award – voted the most accomplished by fellow garden creators.
“Step by Step, Side by Side” by Treeline Designz.
Winners of: silver medal and the “X-Factor Award” – garden that best captures the imagination of the next generation of garden designers, judged by recent horticulture programs graduates.
“A Garden Built With Love” by Adam Gorski Landscapes.
Winners of: gold medal, the Fine Gardening Award and the Best Use of Show Theme Award – judged by board members from the Greater Seattle Romance Writers of America.
“Knotty & Nice…Here’s to WE time” by Karen Stefonick Design.
Winners of: gold medal, the Sunset Western Living Award, and the 425 Magazine Editors’ Choice Award.
“The Romance of Steampunk” by Whitby Landcare & Design.
Winners of: silver medal and the Ethel Moss People’s Choice award.
“Picture Yourself on Azalea Way” by the Arboretum Foundation.
Winners of: bronze medal and the Golden Palette Award – Judged by regional horticulture experts.
Gold medals –
- “Love the Space You’re In” by Susan Browne Landscape Design.
- “Lettre d’ Amorchid” by the Northwest Orchid Society.
- “Rekindled Rendezvous” by McAuliffe’s Valley Nursery.
Silver medals –
- “Romantic Folly” by Pamela Richards Garden Design.
- “A Moment to Remember” by Nature Perfect Landscaping.
- “A Bi-O-Cycle Built for Two” by Evergreen Landsacaping & Ponds.
- “The Root of True Romance: Beautiful Chaos…Love, Art, Nature” by Elandan Gardens.
- “Three Phases of Love…Young, Passionate, Forever” by the Washington Association of Landscape Professionals.
Bronze medals –
- “Will You?” by Fancy Plants Gardens.
- “A Woodland Nymph’s Dream” by The Grounds Professionals.
- “Giovanni’s Grotto” by Dakara Landscape Design.
Congratulations to all of these winners for their months of hard work and effort. Looks like it paid off! Stay tuned to the Garden Show Blog for more awards from our Floral Competition, Exhibitor displays and City Living displays.
In the meantime, keep track of the Northwest Flower & Garden Show for year-round inspiration on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. -Courtney