23 Aug “All That Jazz” Grand Prize Drawing
The garden show announces our 2012 “All That Jazz” Grand Prize, with a new twist on how you can enter: the winner will be chosen from your votes in our new “Design a Garden” feature on gardenshow.com, a show garden designed based on your votes, which we launched August 18. (Week 1 voting has started, and closes at midnight on August 25.)
‘ALL THAT JAZZ’ – TICKETS, LODGING AND CASH PRIZE
Here’s what one lucky winner will get:
- Two nights lodging at the luxurious Sheraton Seattle Hotel (Traditional Room with single King or two Double beds) for stay between February 7 and February 12, 2012.
- $250 CASH good for a shopping spree at the 2012 Northwest Flower & Garden Show!
- Four tickets to the 2012 Northwest Flower & Garden Show, good for any day of the show.
- $50 Cheesecake Factory gift card (located across the street from the show).
- $10 Tully’s gift card (there’s one right outside the show entrance).
- Two days of free parking at the Washington State Convention Center ($48 value).
‘I CAN DO THAT’ – HOW TO ENTER
- Go to our website and VOTE in our new “Design a Garden” where you help design a show garden.
- After you vote, simply enter your name, email address and zip code, and that’s it – you’re entered in our drawing. (Canadian postal codes are now accepted!)
- You can enter every time we have a new vote – plants, designs, containers, hardscapes, and more will all be voted on in the coming weeks, now through December 22.
- Odds of winning with you don’t vote and enter – zero, zip nada!
- You can still vote and design a show garden – you do not have to enter the Grand Prize contest.
‘I HOPE I GET IT’ – READ THE FINE PRINT
- Only one vote per name and email address each voting week (up to 11 entries over duration of the contest).
- Winner will be chosen by random selection of the email addresses of all those who voted and entered.
- Only one winner will be named. Winner is responsible for responding to O’Loughlin Trade Shows with contact information in order to receive prize no later than January 15, 2012.
- If winner is unable to accept prize and attend the show, the prize in not transferrable. Another winner will be chosen by random selection.
- No cash value will be substituted for any part of the prize.
- Transportation to the show by any method is not included.
- All That Jazz prize drawing will be held on January 4, 2012. Winner will be notified by email as well as Facebook message.
- Garden Show Tickets will be mailed to winner in advance of the show. Gift cards, parking passes and cash prize of $250 for garden show shopping spree must be picked up at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show Office (Room 401) during show hours: Wednesday, February 8 – Saturday, February 11, 9:00 am – 8:00 pm; Sunday, February 12 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Lodging includes two nights at the Seattle Sheraton Hotel, including hotel taxes and fees, between February 7 – 12, 2012. Additional charges for mini-bar, phone, spa, parking and WiFi or other services not included.
- Employees of O’Loughlin Trade Shows are not eligible to enter.
- For more information contact [email protected].
‘WHAT I DID FOR LOVE’ – OUR 2011 PRIZE WINNER
A very delighted Anita Lane Baker, of Port Angeles, Washington, was the winner of our 2011 Fairytale Prize. Anita came to the show and picked up her $250 cash from Jeff Swenson, NWFGS Show Manager.
Anita’s reaction at winning the Grand Prize was “disbelief.” She told me “I don’t usually win things, so this was an exciting prize all the way around. We were coming off of a long dreary winter out here and SO looking forward to planting and playing in the dirt. I spent both days of the weekend at the show with my best friend checking out everything at least twice. I felt like a little kid at Christmas when I was buying stuff just for ME. I bought plants and bulbs and yard art and a hammock. Then we enjoyed our dinner out at the Cheesecake Factory. The whole weekend was so much fun and was such a treat because doing all of the things that we did PLUS staying at the Seattle Sheraton was completely out of the ordinary for us both. I’m looking forward to next year’s show (even if I don’t win tickets!). Thank you again for the wonderful prize!”
Who will be the winner of our 2012 “All That Jazz” Grand Prize? Who knows, but you can’t win if you don’t vote and enter – no purchase necessary. You can vote up to 11 times between now and December 22, so increase your odds and vote each time we have a new design category.
And the first person to tell me the name of the musical used for the song references in the headings of this blog wins two tickets to the 2012 show. (Update September 1 – congratulations to Pam Hamilton of Bend, Oregon for correctly guessing “A Chorus Line.” She’s the first winner of our ticket giveaways for 2012. Follow us on Facebook for more ticket giveaways. – Janet