19 Jan Six Tips for First-Time Attendees
This post first appeared as a guest post on Ravenna Garden’s Blog.
The Northwest Flower & Garden Show provides imagination and inspiration with its magnificent showcase of gardens big and small, over 110 free seminars, a huge line-up of exhibitors in the Marketplace and more… February 11-15, 2015 at the Washington State Convention Center. “Romance Blossoms” is the theme throughout this BIG event and there’s plenty to see and do. Here are some tips.
Before you arrive:
- Visit the website. Gardenshow.com is THE go-to resource for planning your visit. Get a sneak preview here, including seminar topics and times. And follow the show updates on gardenshowblog.com and @NWFGS on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Buy tickets now. Purchase your tickets in advance for added value: adult $17 Early bird discount tickets (reg. $22) are available up to February 10th.
- Check the seminar schedule. Whether you have a green thumb or are a “newbie,” the Show offers over 110 seminars presented by a line-up of top-tier experts, all free with admission to the show. It’s a great way to jump-start your gardening experiences and learn about trends that not only beautify, but are practical too.
When you arrive:
- Bring a camera. Top Garden Creators are embracing the Show’s theme—and there will be more eye-poppingcolor than ever. The amazing collection of 23 marquee display gardens will feature upwards of 50% more flowers in bloom! These gems are not only stunning to admire, but also full of take-home ideas. There’s also the gorgeous floral competition to greet you right when you enter the Show.
- Visit the expansive Marketplace. The bustling Marketplace is a shopping destination with over 350 exhibitors offering the hottest new tools and other gardening gear, plants, and unique art for the home and garden. The popular ‘Vintage Garden Market’ returns with repurposed and “shabby-chic” treasures for the garden and home.
- Discover the exciting daily activites. A new feature this year is “Garden Wars,” an event benefitting local charities. Inspired by reality-based competitions, it takes place from 1-3 pm each day in the North Hall. Joe Lamp’l, host of the PBS series Growing a Greener World® will guide your favorite news anchors on teams from KIRO-TV, KING-TV, KOMO-TV, KCPQ-TV, and Click 98.9 FM and Warm 106.9 FM as they create 10’x10’ gardens.
We could talk about all the amazing things you’ll see, the new plants you’ll discover, and the unique memories you’ll make at the 2015 Northwest Flower & Garden Show. But it’s easier to find out for yourself. See you there! -Courtney