Turn your dreams into reality with our FREE seminars and demonstrations. It’s all included in your ticket price, so drop in and discover something new!
Our speakers will share hundreds of fresh new ideas to help you create a garden that fits your lifestyle and gardening needs. With over 80 book signings, you can even take their sage advice home with you.
All 3 seminar rooms are located in the Conference Center. Click here for a map.
Click on a speaker name to read a full bio and a description of their seminar.
Speaker handouts for the 2015 Northwest Flower & Garden Show Seminar Series will be posted the evening of the seminar (after 9pm). If you miss one of our great seminars, and the speaker provides handout, you’ll be able to click on the title of the seminar to download the handout.
Only seminar titles highlighted in blue have a handout available for download. If you do not see a seminar title in blue, it means that speaker didn’t have a handout at the show. All handouts are Adobe Acrobat files.
- = Book Signing
(45 minutes except where noted)
The Best of 30 Years on the Garden Beat
- — 2015 Show Judge and garden columnist, New York Times
A Passion For Plants: Marrying Garden Design and Plant Collecting
- — 2015 Show Judge, TV host and designer, Troy Marden Garden Design, Nashville
Small Makeovers with Big Impact
Pop-Up Gardens: Creative Ways to Use Unused Spaces
Coloring Outside the Lines to Enlarge Your Space
Inspirational Gardens from Fine Gardening’s Garden Photo of the Day Blog
- — Senior editor, Fine Gardening magazine
The Art of Accessorizing: A Garden is More Than Just Plants
- — 2015 Show Judge and designer, Garden Aesthetics, Portland
Grow, Cook and Eat to Diminish Diabetes
- — President, Garden Mentors®. Inc.
The Renovated Garden and Rejuvenated Gardener
- — TV host of ‘Dig in Seattle’ and author, Edible Gardening for WA and OR
(45 minutes except where noted)
How Mason Bees Can Save the World—One Backyard at a Time
- — Owner, Crown Bees
Design Your Garden Oasis with Practical Permaculture
- — Owner, NW Bloom Ecological Landscapes and co-author, Practical Permaculture Design
- — Owner, Terra Phoenix Design and co-author, Practical Permaculture Design
The Layered Garden
- — Author, The Layered Garden and owner, Brandywine Cottage
Landscaping with Ornamental Grasses
- — The Perennial Diva, author of The Perennial Gardener’s Design Primer
Slow Landscaping – Symbiosis of Art and Nature
- — Designer, Claire Jones Landscapes and blogger TheGardenDiaries.com
Get Vertical! Grow 35 Organic Plants in Only 2 Square Feet
- — Blogger, columnist and author, Grow a Living Wall: Create Vertical Gardens With Purpose
Designing with Nature: Planting for Pollinators
- — Editor, Pacific Horticulture & author, Timber Press Guide to Vegetable Gardening
Growing Beauties: Meconopsis, Cardiocrinum and Species Rhodies
- — Executive Director and Curator, Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden
(60 minutes except where noted)
Discover the Simplicity and Beauty of Ikebana
- — Instructor of Sogetsu School of Ikebana in Seattle
The Squish Factor: Designing Abundant Containers
- — Designer, Le Jardinet & co-author, Fine Foliage
Edible Adornments: Flavor, Wrap and Decorate Homemade Cheese
- — Owner, UrbanCheesecraft.com and author, One Hour Cheese
Winter Wonderland: Choice Plants for Beauty in Winter Gardens
- — Director of New Plants, Monrovia
How to Grow a Garden in Miniature
- — Author, Gardening in Miniature & owner, Two Green Thumbs
From Lawn to Lunch: Introduction to Small Space Vegetable Gardening
- — Founder, Seattle Urban Farm School and blogger, SeattleSeeding.com