Turn your dreams into reality with our FREE seminars and demonstrations. It’s all included in your ticket price, so drop in and discover something new!
Our speakers will share hundreds of fresh new ideas to help you create a garden that fits your lifestyle and gardening needs. With over 80 book signings, you can even take their sage advice home with you.
All 3 seminar rooms are located in the Conference Center. Click here for a map.
Click on a speaker name to read a full bio.
Speaker handouts for the 2015 Northwest Flower & Garden Show Seminar Series will be posted the evening of the seminar (after 9pm). If you miss one of our great seminars, and the speaker provides handout, you’ll be able to click on the title of the seminar to download the handout.
Only seminar titles highlighted in blue have a handout available for download. If you do not see a seminar title in blue, it means that speaker didn’t have a handout at the show. All handouts are Adobe Acrobat files.
- = Book Signing
- = Small Space Gardening
- = Edible Gardening
- = Good for Beginners
(60 minutes except where noted)
Good Weed: Best Ornamental Grasses & Grass-Like Plants
- — Plant explorer & author, “The Explorer’s Garden”
Fabulous Vegetable Varieties
Wonderful Winter Veggies
Outsmarting Pests & Diseases
Gardening with Ciscoe & Meeghan: Highlights & Hijinks from Our Favorite Garden Duo
- — ‘Gardening with Ciscoe’
- — Co-host, ‘Gardening with Ciscoe’ and host, King 5 TV ‘Evening Magazine’
Super Succulent Designs: Discover the Design Potential of Easy, Versatile Succulents
- — Author, “Succulents Simplified” & “Designing with Succulents”
What the Cluck?!: Getting Started on Gardening with Chickens
- — Owner, NW Bloom EcoLogical Landscapes & Nursery
In From the Wild: Native Trees & Shrubs for NW Gardens
- — Garden photographer & author, “Trees & Shrubs of the Pacific Northwest”
Southern Beauties: The Best Southern Hemisphere Plants for NW Gardens
- — Designer, Anderson Lelievre Landscape Design
(45 minutes except where noted)
Color Outside the Lines: Create a Garden to Reflect Your Personal Style
- — Garden scribe & author, “Vegetable Gardening in the Intermountain West”
Top Gardening Mistakes…: … And How to Avoid Them!
- — SeasonalWisdom.com blogger & co-author, “Grocery Gardening”
Hey 20/30-Something Gardener!: Create a Kitchen Garden in an Urban Setting
- — Author, “Hey 20/30-Something Gardening” & blogger, ‘Red Dirt Rambling’
The Edible Landscape: Have Your Garden & Eat it Too
- — Author, “The Zero Mile Diet” & owner, Seeds of Victoria
Design for Habitat: Backyards to Byways
- — Designer, horticulturist & author, “Perennial Combinations”
Groundbreaking Food Gardens: Innovative Ideas for Food & Fun
- — Author, “Groundbreaking Food Gardens”
Late, Great Gardens: Yes, It’s Time to Think Autumn in Spring
- — Garden writer
Perfect Pairs: Classic Plant Combos for Every Garden
- — Garden designer, LeGrand Gardens, & educator
(60 minutes except where noted)
Shut the Greenhouse Door!: Learn How to Cultivate Succesfully with a Greenhouse
- — President, Garden Mentors®. Inc.
Beneficial Orchard Mason Bees: Keeping Our Valuable Native Pollinators
The Family Table: Easy, Healthful Family Meals in Minutes
- — TV host & Kitchen Living Expert
Herbs Every Day: Punch Up Recipes with Herbs
- — Author, “Grow Cook Eat: A Food-Lover’s Guide to Vegetable Gardening”
Grow a Great Garden from Seed: Farmer John’s Top Ten Tips for Seed to Table
- — Owner, The Heirloom Seed Store & Daylight Farms
Upping Your Game with Art: Accessorize Your Container Gardens with Style
- — Co-author, “Fine Foliage” & designer, The Personal Garden Coach