01 Sep Design a Garden – Week 3 Voting Begins
The Beatles and Led Zeppelin were victorious in the second week of voting for the garden show’s Design a Garden – a show garden designed by our website readers. It was very close – they only won by 1% of the vote!
Now designer Lloyd Glasscock of Looking Glass Design has had the tough job of selecting four songs that could serve as the inspiration for the garden at the 2012 Northwest Flower & Garden Show. Two songs by the Beatles, and two songs by Led Zeppelin. They are:
“Twist & Shout” by the Beatles
“Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles
“Kashmir” by Led Zeppelin
“Misty Mountain Hop” by Led Zeppelin
To vote just go to our website, click on the link to vote, and go to the bottom of the page.
When you vote, be sure to enter our “All That Jazz” Grand Prize contest. Here’s what you can win:
- Two nights lodging at the beautiful Seattle Sheraton Hotel between February 7 – 12, 2012.
- Four tickets to the 2012 Northwest Flower & Garden Show, good for any day.
- $50 Cheesecake Factory gift certificate – located right across the street.
- $10 Tully’s gift certificate – located in the Convention Center.
- Two parking passes at the Washington State Convention Center (a $48 value).
- PLUS $250 CASH to spend at the show – shop over 350 high-quality garden-related exhibitors!
There’s no purchase necessary, and you do not have to enter the contest to vote in the “Design a Garden.”
After the song is chosen on September 8, the design process really begins. Decisions such as the plant groupings from Swansons Nursery, hardscapes for patio and retaining walls with stone from Marenakos Rock Center, and mulching materials from Sawdust Supply will all be voted on, along with beautiful containers, garden art and outdoor furniture, also from Swansons.
Get your votes in for your favorite song between now and September 8! Remember, you can enter the grand prize contest every time we have a new design element up for a vote. That’s 11 times to enter, so up your odds at winning by voting every time. Odds of winning if you don’t vote? Zero, zip, nada! – Janet